Thursday, January 26, 2017

A "What About Bob?" Kind of Day


You know, as a Christian, and in the work I do, the place that I live, I often feel as if I shouldn't have "one of those days." But, the truth of the matter is, I do. I do have "one of those days" from time to time. Days like yesterday. I didn't choose to take a day off. My body did.. It must have been on strike or it was planning a mutiny and didn't know how to pull it off. 

Out of the last 30 days, I have been sick for at least 20 of them...back to back illnesses. Nothing big or traumatic. Nonetheless, I haven't felt 100% well for awhile. Thien came Monday and Tuesday this week. I felt great, for the most part, still battling small health issues that refuse to let go. I baked! I cleaned! I wrote Sunday's sermon!I played with the children. People visited me. I visited them. I walked. I exercised. I called the carpenter and the plumber to fix things. I did laundry. I sent a report to the pastor. Oh, it felt good to be so productive....

Until yesterday. I could barely drag myself out of bed. I didn't even make coffee! I resorted to the iced coffee I made the day before. What was wrong with me? Even coloring seemed to be a chore. Did I overdo it the last two days? (Yep!) I went back to bed and watched What About Bob? Baby steps. I needed to take baby steps. That way, something would get done. One little step at a time. I sent some emails. Then, I read. I made breakfast. And then I read. And I napped. And I read. I tore myself away from Mr. Mooey and put away the clean laundry from the day before. I started a letter to my sister. I read...that was about all. I ate. I read. I slept. I didn't get much done except for the rest I obviously needed. Anything I did was done a little bit at a time...baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment