Tuesday, June 21, 2016

I Love Minions, But...


I love Minions, don't you? They are cute. They are silly. They are clueless. I've never seen the Minion movie. I have seen the original Dispicable Me movie, though. Minions were cute then. They still are. But, I wonder...why do these cute little creatures need to be evil? I actually "Googled" Minions. What I discovered was, "Minions are small, yellow creature who have existed since the beginning of time, evolving from singecelled organisms into beings who exist only to serve history's most despicable masters." Oh, no! The life  goal of a Minion is to serve evil. Sigh!

As I was pondering this most important issue (after all, plenty of children watch the Minions. Are they good role models for our children?), the thought came to me...this is how Satan entices us. He makes sin look fun. He makes sin look cute. He makes sin look very appealing to us. And, it isn't until we are "hooked" that we realize that maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

In God's Word, the Bible, Philippians 4:8 says, "Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise." That's how we will stay out of trouble. It's all about fixing our thoughts, our minds on things that are honorable, that are pleasing to the Lord.

Oh, I still think the Minions are cute. But, I also think they need a heart change!



1 comment: