Saturday, January 5, 2008

My First Blog Post!


I've read blogs for quite a while now. It's how I stay connected to people and what is happening at home when I travel. I've often thought about starting a blog. But, it scares me! I'm not computer literate by most standards.
Tomorrow, in church, we will be praying one of my favorite prayers. It's John Wesley's Covenant Prayer. The entire covenant service is amazing, but it's the prayer that grabs my heart. I challenge you, not only to read the prayer, but to pray it, meditate on it. Make it your covenant with the one and only living God.
I am no longer mine own, but Thine.
Put me to what Thou wilt, rank me with whom Thou wilt;
Put me to doing, put me to suffering;
Let me be employed for Thee or laid aside for Thee;
Exalted for Thee or brought low for Thee;
Let me be full, let me be empty;
Let me have all things, let me have nothing;
I freely and heartily yield all things to Thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O Glorious and Blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit,
Thou art mine and I am Thine.
So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
Let it be ratified in heaven.
Amen.

5 comments:

  1. Sue,

    Good to know you are blogging!

    We will using the Wesley Covenant Prayer this coming Sunday, Jan 6, at Grace Church. Keep living that out and all will be well!

    Pastor John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere Sue! If you'd like, I could put you on the Western PA UMC blogroll, a collection of people from our Annual Conference (lay and clergy). Email me and let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue,

    I love this covenant prayer. I, too, believe it would change the face of the world,if each person who chooses Christ prayed it in earnest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you are blogging your great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susie Q,
    Glad you're home safe and sound. Can't wait to hear about your adventure in person. You are truly a blessing to many and I admire that you can "walk the walk and talk the talk". It isn't easy in this world. Talk to you soon.
    Patty-O

    ReplyDelete