Monday, June 20, 2016

Flexability, a Lifestyle


As an American, I like to plan out my schedule...plan my workday, plan my weekends, plan my traveling. I want to know, "When? Where? How? Why? How long?" That doesn't work here. I love the fact that each of my days are totally different one from another. They start the same...coffee or tea, time with God, then, I "go to work." Even if I plan something, it rarely goes that way.

On a recent Saturday, I traveled on my motorcycle to Kunyukuo to be with the mother of a child who had died. As I was with her, I received word that the step child of a church member in Kalsagri had died and the burial would happen soon. So, I hopped on my motorcycle and I was off. (Rev. Clifford, Razak and Steve were there, too.)

When we arrived at Kalsagri, we were greeted by family members and taken to a shady spot to sit. A cold drink was given to each of us. As we spoke with the family, we discovered that the minister of the deceased was not able to come. So, Rev. Clifford was going to do the grave side service. He had no liturgy book with him. But, I had my phone with me. So, I "Googled" Christian burial service" and found several. We were ready! When the time came, Rev. Clifford preached, Razak translated and I helped out with the prayers. We all worked together and God was glorified. The grieving family was most appreciative. And, when we left, we knew we had done the right thing.

Did we have other pland for the day? Yes.Did it matter? No. We went where we were needed. It was a God appointment. This or something similar happens ALL the time. Flexability has to be part of life. If it isn't I wouldn't survive. I guess another way to put it is I need to always be looking for how God intends to use me. It's right in front of my eyes. Lord, may I see the opportunities You set before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment