Monday, May 30, 2016

A New Adventure, London

When I made my plans to visit friends in England, I told them that I wanted to be a tourist 20% of the time. Today was my London day! The weather was very cool and overcast. It was perfect for running around a large city. Luke was my tour guide for the day. We traveled into London on the train with Sarah. Less than an hour later, we were at Paddington Station. Sarah went her way, we went ours. 


Since I wanted to ride in a double decker bus, we toured the city from the top of an open air bus, alighting at various places that we wanted to see close up, spending time at each one. It was amazing to see so much history in one spot. Plus, mixed in with centuries old buildings such as Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London, there were modern buildings, such as The Shard and The Gherkin.


With all the places we visited, my favorite was...not Buckingham Palace or Marble Arch or Big Ben or Five Guys Burgers, but St. Paul's Cathedral. (Although, I was a bit disappointed that the Bird Lady from Mary Poppins wasn't there.)

Luke and I spent hours there, thanking God for giving mere humans the ability to create such a beautiful place. It inspires worship. We visited several areas of the Cathedral learning about the history of that particular spot. Then, we did it. We walked up the 528 steps to the top of the dome. Luke was concerned about me. "Will Maakum's knees hold out? Will she have a heart attack?" He was so sweet. All was fine except wen we were coming down and I was reading something on the wall and didn't watch where I was placing me feet. I only missed one step! The view from the top was incredible! 


After a rest, we continued on our touring. My legs were like jelly for quite awhile! God is good, and He gave me the strength to keep on going. We walked over to the bus stop and enjoyed the view for awhile before alighting again. We ended our day at The Mad Bishop and Bear for sustenance before we met Sarah and returned to Ramsbury. It was an exhausting day. It was also a day given to us by God to enjoy. And we did.








1 comment:

  1. Great Photos!
    I really looks like an adventure.
    I am planning to visit london too next month.
    Im a bit worried to leave my teenage kids alone for the first time though. They are old enough and also my horoscope said its time for a new adventure, so here I go :P

    ReplyDelete