Monday, May 30, 2016

A New Adventure, the Last Days


Here it was...my last full day in Ramsbury and parts beyond, all in England. It's been a lovely holiday, but I miss "my people." I'm ready to go back home. I'm not ready to pack! I started the day with a new friend, Susan, and her dog Maisey. We walked along the river and talked, getting to know each other. (She had visited Lawra whilst I was in the US.) 


We went to see The Manor of Ramsbury. It is a huge building, a private residence, not open to the public. But, it was nice to imagine what it must be like inside.In the river were swans...all belonging to the Queen. It seems as if this is something in the history of the nation and has been law for hundreds of years. It is considered an act of treason if you kill a swan.


After our walk, we had coffee with friends and I visited my favorite Cafe' for brunch. Then, I had to walk "home" to pack. How would it all fit? No worries, it did fit. Later in the day, I went to dinner with friends before going into London. I was blessed to have a ride direct to the door of the B&B. I had an early morning flight, so I was staying near the airport this night. After checking in, I walked around a bit, enjoying the sights and hoping to get a good night's sleep.


Check in was very smooth. After I found my gate, I watched the sunrise as I waited for my flight. (The sun rises much earlier here this time of year.) Both flights went well, no problems. I arrived in Accra on time and had friends waiting for me. There was only one small problem. One of my suitcases didn't arrive. It was in Lisbon. I am ashamed to admit, I was not real happy and probably was not the best Christian witness. But, I did apologize the next day when I picked my bag. The people at the airport made the process of filling out the forms and collecting the luggage very easy and painless. I thank God that He had brought me safely home again!


No comments:

Post a Comment