Sunday, May 29, 2016

A New Adventure, The Bridge




Another low key day. I love those kind of days...things get done, but there is no pressure. Maybe it is those days are the days I trust the Lord more. If I put my day in His hands, what do I have to prove? I'm going off on a "bunny trail," sorry. I met Sarah, Sara and Kerry for a late breakfast at the Cafe Bella. Mmmm. Ali's bread and eggs are delicious. But, an English muffin with egg and bacon - it's hard to beat that! On top of all of that, today was the day I would share part of my story, my calling with a home group of Highworth Community Church, The group usually meets in the home of Stephen and Janet. Tonight they opened it up to anyone who wanted to come. So, it was held at their community Centre, The Bridge.

Janet picked me after she was finished teaching and took me to meet Matt, the main church leader, and his wife, Katherine. Matt and I shared our beliefs, what the Lord was doing in our lives. He asked about how I ended up in Lawra, which was a refreshing question to hear. After a bit, we walked to The Bridge to get the techy type stuff ready for the evening. Then, back to Stephen and Janet's house for dinner. I was real impressed - home made pizza - until Luke, their son, told me it wasn't! That, with a salad and a few other things made a wonderful meal. We all talked about how God was working in our lives. A nice time before going out.

When we arrived at The Bridge, chairs were being moved, coffee and tea were being made. I introduced myself to people as they arrived. Everyone was so welcoming. It was wonderful! The Spirit of the Living God was in this place. 

Matt introduced me, and it was time. My UK debut! I always seem to come alive when I talk about what the Lord has done in my life, especially when I talk to a group of believers. I gave them some information about my background...and how I thought life would be vs. the reality of it all. I am not a "super Christian." I have made myself available to be used by God. That's all it takes. I shared small about what God has done in Kalsagri and is doing in Kunyukuo. And, I invited them to come and see for themselves. 

All in all, it was a wonderful evening at The Bridge. We went back to Stephen and Janet's house afterwards to chill out a bit before returning to Ramsbury. I am so grateful that this opportunity was given to me. I pray seeds have been planted and more people will answer the call of God on their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment