Tuesday, May 24, 2016

A New Adventure, A Day Without Rain!


The sun was shining bright and early. After meeting Sarah and Sara for breakfast, I went down to the river. Beautiful! God's creations are amazing. And, today was filled with a variety of His creations, both natural and man made. Sarah and her father, Charles, were my tour guides for the day.


Our first stop was Silbury Hill. It is a prehistoric mound built between 2400 BC and 2300 BC. No one has been able to discover why this mound was built. It has stood the test of time!


Next stop was to see the Avebury Circle of Stones. It's amazing to see,especially when you think about a glacier depositing these in their present location.


Whilst at Avebury, we visited the Church of St. James. I had to climb the steps to the lectern and see what it was like to preach to the congregation!


Next stop, the Hackpen White Horse, which is a chalk figure on Hackpen Hill. It was supposedly cut by the local parish clerk in 1838 to commemorate the coronation of Queen Victoria.


We met up with another friend for dinner - pizza, and returned to Ramsbury to do exciting things like booking a hotel room in London near the airport so I could sleep small before my early flight on Friday.

As you can see, their are some amazing sights, even close to Ramsbury. And, it didn't rain all day! It was a gorgeous day. God has blessed me with several friends who have been making sure I have a memorable time whilst I am here. I am so grateful!






No comments:

Post a Comment