Wednesday, May 18, 2016

A New Adventure, Day 1


My day started with the pilot saying, "Ladies and gentlemen. Good evening. We are experiencing a slight problem. The engines won't start. They are working on fixing the problem. We will keep you updated." Hmmm. I prayed, "Lord, let us be safe." After about 15 minutes we were told the problem had been solved and we would be leaving the gate soon. The rest of the travel went smoothly. In Lisbon, I got in line to go through passport check. Ooops! Wrong line. I switched to the "correct line." After a few minutes, I found out since I was going to Gate 41A, I could skip this line and join the line "over there." It was MUCH shorter! I got through passport control, found my gate and waited. I eventually boarded the plane for London Gatwick.

The flight was uneventful, praise God! Going through Immigration was painless. I even gave the Immigration Officer a "commercial" for Action Through Enterprise-ATE, an NGO that is based in Ramsbury and works in Lawra. Well, he was asking questions, so I answered them. He was impressed with the detailed address in Ramsbury that I gave him. Sarah and her father, Charles, met me at the airport and bought me morning coffee. Then, we began our drive to Ramsbury. The countryside is gorgeous! Green and lush! Oh, the temperature was quite lovely, too. I didn't sweat at all! On the way to Sarah's house, Actually to where her mother lives, we stopped at the ATE office for a moment. Then, on to the house. It was so good to see Pip again. The view out the windows are amazing! I could be happy just staying in the garden the entire time...if it was warm enough and not raining! I settled in and had a laid back afternoon, enjoying the hot running water. Then, Sarah took me on a motor tour of the area, stopping near the Garden Center to get the car washed. We had coffee at the Garden Center and I bought a fleece to wear at half price. Nice! I don't have many cool/cold weather clothes in Lawra! On the way back home, we saw Sara. It was so nice to connect up with her again. We stopped at her house, then walked with the dogs up to The Bell at Ramsbury, a local Pub. We all went in. All of us. Three humans and two dogs. It was normal. No one batted an eyelash! That is where I saw the painting of American presidents playing cards. Anyway, after a spell, we walked Sara home and went back to Pip's house. Sara would join us for dinner. Dinner was later than I usually eat, but it stays light outside a lot longer here than in Ghana. Even after we were finished, I couldn't go to bed. It was too early. It was light outside! So, I colored. It  was nice, very nice. When I did finally go to bed, aaahhh! The bed was amazingly comfortable. And, it was morning and it was evening, the first day!


No comments:

Post a Comment