Friday, May 20, 2016

A New Adventure, Day 2


I woke up. I was so comfortable. I didn't want to move. Where was I? Hmmm...Oh, I remember. I'm in Ramsbury, at Pip's house. I eventually dragged myself out of that little piece of heaven known as a bed and ambled downstairs. I greeted Pip, who had been awake for hours! We sat and chatted, enjoying a cup of tea. I spent the morning reading, writing my blog and enjoying the rain. I didn't realize how late it had gotten. I told Sarah that I would go to the ATE office and hang out with whoever was there and doing what needed to be done. So, I walked into town, in between the raindrops. When I arrived, Sarah was in the midst of trying to get lots done and wondering how she would get some other stuff done. I volunteered. She sent me to pick money from the ticket sales for the ATE movie premiere on Saturday...it was starting to rain, again. I went to the Post and picked the money. Then, she sent me to another place to pick money. Now, it was raining a bit harder. Fortunately for me, someone had left their umbrella there. Before I had a chance to return to the ATE office, it was POURING! I returned a bit damp. Since I am not a "fair weather friend," I didn't mind at all. We did plenty of things in the ATE office in the afternoon, stopping for a sandwich at The Bell. Mmm...


That evening, there was a barbeque to attend. Luke is a Master Grillist, grilling steaks, ribs, tuna, bratwurst and kebabs to perfection! Luke thought he was attending and cooking for a barbeque that was planned so I could see all my friends here in this part of the world. It was really to honor him. He had been working with Action Through Enterprise for over two years and had resigned in order to follow a different dream. Luke ended up cooking and doing dishes for his own party, but, he was in his element! It was a wonderful evening with plenty of food and laughter. Oh, such good memories!

It was evening and it was morning, the second day.

No comments:

Post a Comment