Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Time for Transition


"For everything there is a season, and a time for every activity under heaven."  
Ecclesiastes 3:1

It is a time of transition for me here in Lawra. I am not going anywhere. I am not changing the focus of my ministry. But, people who have become close to me, people whom I have grown to love are leaving Lawra or maybe even Ghana, and going else where. The picture above is the Very Rev. Ernest K. Baiden at his Farewell Service. He has been my pastor, my boss, my colleague, but, most importantly, my friend. He and his wife, Bertha, are moving to Tamale where he has been posted. I will see him a few times a year, but, it won't be the same. I am looking forward to getting to know the new pastor better and to welcome him and his family to the Lawra area.



Then, there is Leela, from the UK. She left Lawra on Sunday, and will return to London later this week. We have become good friends during her time in Lawra. I hope to visit her and Sarah (who goes and comes from England) sometime next year. Also, very close colleagues of mine, who live in Bolga, left Sunday. I will see them at a conference, but, they will not return to Ghana until the beginning of March. A Peace Corps friend is leaving Lawra in three weeks, going to America, then, returning to Ghana to work in Accra. Other colleagues of mine are leaving in December and will return six months later. Oh, and I am sure there are more...

Saying "good bye" isn't always easy. I have lived in Lawra before all of these people were here. I have lived in Ghana before I became close to these people. So, what do I do now? I believe that the Lord will use this time to draw me closer to Him, to strengthen our relationship.I don't know what God has in mind. But, what I do know, is that he won't leave me to be alone. He will bring others along side of me, both Ghanaians and expats. I will be keeping my eyes and ears open to where He leads!

No comments:

Post a Comment