Sunday, February 15, 2015

Packing for Home

I leave “home” tomorrow to return to my “home.” Which one is my REALLY REAL home is a topic for another blog. Today’s topic is packing.What do I pack when I live in an area where there is so little available and I am traveling from an area where so much is available. Well, here is a list of things that I’d like to pack, but can’t:
  • my sister, brothers and extended family
  • friends
  • worship in English
  • hot and cold running water
  • snow, for those really, really hot days
  • dependable electricity
  • a bathtub
  • Tula’s pool
  • nice, clean rest stops
  • home delivery of mail
  • the privilege of having a toilet in which I can flush used TP
  • home pick up of garbage and recycling
  • a/c when it is hot and heat when it is cold
  • a washer and drier
  • my bed at Nancy’s lake house
  • easily accessible doctors
  • the ability to shop for whatever I would ever need or want
I will be satisfied with packing some new clothes, Yankee candles, Smith’s hot dogs and tons of other stuff And, I will thank God for providing me the means to acquire all these things for myself and others. May I bless others as I have been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment