Friday, February 6, 2015

Random Thoughts

 
As I sit here and look out over frozen Lake Erie, my mind is filled with random thoughts. The first one is...I'm headed home in 10 days! At least, that's when the journey will begin. Although I would never have chosen to return to the United States last September, I am grateful for the things I have experienced since I have been here. And, if all my experiences weren't positive, there was a lesson to be learned in each one of them.
 
Now, I wonder...do I really want to retire in Erie? There is snow here - LOTS of snow. I would miss my brother and sister who live in Erie, but, with modern technology, we keep in touch even when I am in Ghana. Visiting churches makes me examine myself to really see how I respond to visitors to my church. Are they welcomed? Do THEY feel welcomed? What would I do differently at the church in Kalsagri? I hope I will become more aware of those worshipping with us and take more time with people, not just hop on my motorcycle to go home. Medical issues...I am grateful to have had the knee replaced. I am not grateful for the medical bills. I am grateful that God has provided me means to pay them, even if it takes awhile. I am grateful for the people and places I have seen in the past several months. I have celebrated Thanksgiving and Christmas with family. I have attended the wedding of my nephew. I have gone to The Mission Society office to re-connect. I have gone on vacation. I have visited with friends.
 
I am more than ready to move on and go home. I leave in TEN days. I can't wait. Ghana is more home to me than Erie is at this point. Packing is a challenge, even with extra luggage. I am blessed to have so much "stuff" to take back, some for myself, some for others. And, food. I am taking back some food, some things to celebrate special days...hot dogs for Memorial Day. Stuff like that. I am looking forward to worshipping in Kalsagri and seeing my church family again. Oh, how my heart yearns to see them again.
 
Enough of that. Let's just say, my mind is working overtime these days. Ghana, I miss you.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment