Friday, February 6, 2015

Bus Travel the Greyhound Way

In January, I had the opportunity to travel by Greyhound bus. Boy, was I in for culture shock! First of all, I bought my tickets online. There was actually a schedule of when and where to join on the bus, when and where it would take a break for a rest stop and when and where it would stop and I would alight. 
When I entered the bus station, I noticed right away that it was a clean, shiny bus station! I took my luggage to the desk where it was weighed. I was told how much to pay according to the weight, not just an arbitrary amount, but one that was used across the board!
 
I waited inside until it was time to board the bus. It was clean and comfortable...with wash rooms and flush toilets! (With toilet paper AND running water at the sinks AND soap!)

As I sat and waited, I watched the activity outside the windows, by the buses. Then, I saw it...a bright yellow plastic STEP to more easily get inside the bus. What will they think of next? The announce-ment was made to board the bus, so we all lined up, showed the driver our tickets and found a seat.
 
The bus was not full, so I was able to find a seat by the window. No one sat beside me. The bus left the station before it was full! I had two seats all to myself! In the back of the bus was a wash room! And, under the windows were electrical outlets so people could keep their electronics charged. The ride was smooth and blessedly quiet. We stopped at the rest stop on time and arrived at our final destination on time. Greyhound Bus Lines...I love you!


1 comment:

  1. In January, I had the opportunity to travel by Greyhound bus. Boy, was I in for culture shock! First of all, I bought my tickets online. There was actually a schedule of when and where to join on the bus, when and where it would take a break for a rest stop and when and where it would stop and I would alight.  yolo trips

    ReplyDelete