Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Dog's Life


Hi! Since Maakum has not written a blog post for a while, I thought I would. My name is Ruby, one of Maakum's grandpuppies. Ruby is short for Ruby Tuesday...my human dreams about food a lot! I am also known as Ruby Slippers, Rubik Cube, Baby Girl and Monster, although I don't know why anyone would call me a monster!

I often visit Maakum, especially when my human is out and about. I have been known to whine at her front gate until she lets me in. Then, she feels sorry for me. (YAY!) So, she brings out my water bowl and my toys!

So, I start to play with bunny. But, then I realize that I am not the center of attention. Imagine that! Maakum is drinking coffee and reading her Bible! So I whine...a lot. And I look at her with my big, Eeyore type eyes. And, it works! I am now comfy on her lap, ready for a small nap!


After my nap, I decide I am a tad hungry. So, the eyes and the whine go to work again. Maakum grumbles small, but I know she is only teasing...she loves me...and she goes inside to bring me some summer sausage! Do I have Maakum trained or what? Then, I let her know I want more. She goes inside again, but, this time she comes out with banku with fish, one of my favorite Ghanaian dishes. I dig in!

I am just a bit messy when I eat! Now...time to play again...and she says, "I'm not a dog person." Huh! What am I? Chopped liver?


My visit to Maakum is almost over...my human is on her way. But, one more thing Maakum lets me do....

somehow I got on Maakum's bed. I don't know how it happened...maybe Scotty beamed me up. :-)

That's all for now. I need to do my duty as "guard puppy." I'll be back again if Maakum forgets to write!


No comments:

Post a Comment