Sunday, April 21, 2013

The Long and Winding Road to Functioning A/C - The Rest of the Story

 
The rest of the story...Donatus did come a week ago. He put freon in my a/c for the second time during the week. He put an Automatic Voltage Stabilizer on the unit so when the electrical current is low, the a/c motor will not get spoiled. If the unit is on and the electricity is low, it automatically shuts off. When the current is high enough, the a/c restarts. When I notice a lot of fluctuation in the current, I just shut off the a/c from the main switch. It usually works well between the hours of 11 PM and 7 AM. So, I need to learn to stay up late so I can close the windows and turn on the a/c. I have hade a few nights this week when I slept UNDER the covers. Oh, what a wonderful feeling that was. So, my a/c works & I am getting to know the signs of low voltage, so I won't even try to use it.
 
But, amidst all of this, God opened my eyes...one day, while the electric voltage was low and I was complaining that the a/c wasn't working, a woman died at the Lawra District Hospital...all because the voltage was low and the machines needed to keep her alive did not work during the low voltage. Hmmm...how can I complain when the voltage is low? I am blessed beyond belief. Instead if wondering when the a/c will work, I should be thanking God for the times that it has worked and will work again.
 
"LORD, forgive me for being so narrow minded. Help me to see the bigger picture. Help me to not just see, but really notice the plight of others and act with the gifts and graces You give me. LORD, enlarge my world. Let me see people as You see them, with Your eyes. Let me be Your hands, feet, eyes, and ears with Your heart. Amen"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sue
    What a great message for us all. I'm so sorry I didn't get to meet you in Lawra. Maybe another time. Keep up the fantastic work.
    With love
    Philippa (aka Sarah's mum!)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete