Saturday, April 27, 2013

A Birthday Prayer

 
Good morning, LORD. I am quite unsettled this morning. I am wondering about so many things. Most of all, though, I am thinking about my mother. I miss her. She was young when she died - only 60 years old. Today would have been her 87th birthday...and I still miss her. I miss the privilege of picking up the phone and talking with her. When my knee hurts, or I have other aches and pains, I wonder what her Rx would be, thinking, "What would Dr. Mom say?" I wonder if I would have confided in her before and during my divorce. I wonder what she would say if she knew where I was living and working now.
 
LORD, Your ways are not my ways. I'll never know why You chose to call her home when You did. I suppose it was that her work here was finished. She lived out all of her days. It was time for her pain to end. I pray that she has been rejoicing with You all these years.
 
Before she left, she instilled many things in me: faith, love, compassion, acceptance, laughter...
 
LORD, if You are able, tell my mother I still love her. I still miss her. And, tell her, "Happy Birthday! I pray that you will continue to praise the Lord throughout the ages to come. I will see you 'on the other side.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment