Saturday, March 16, 2013

Home at Last!

 
Monday evening, March 4, after three uneventful flights, I finally arrived in Ghana. All my luggage arrived safe and sound, and I am grateful that I did not have to open my cases as I went through customs. If I had, I don't know if I would have been able to close them again! At the airport, a colleague of mine, Charlie Jackson, met me and graciously took me to his family's home where I would spend the next few days. The Jacksons had moved since I left for the US, and they carefully moved ALL of the stuff I left at their house along with their own things. I spent Tuesday shopping for meat, trying to get Internet and applying for and receiving my non-citizen Ghanaian ID card. Wednesday was a holiday, so a few of us went to Independence Square for the festivities. It was a lot of fun, so the resulting sunburn didn't seem to matter. Thursday, I finished my shopping...including buying a Ghanaian rocking chair! God is so good! Then, Friday, at 5:15 am, I began my trip north. Anokye, my driver, packed the truck, we "settled in", and drove straight through stopping only for gas. We arrived in Lawra around 7 pm. One of the blessings was that we did not have to drive through Accra. That would have added a bit of time to our trip!
 
I enjoyed my time in the US. But, as Dorothy said in The Wizard of Oz, "There's no place like home!" I am grateful for each and every one of you who have made my home-coming a reality. God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment