Sunday, March 3, 2013

Going Home


Today I begin my journey home.I have been in the US for six months, two months longer than I had planned. I am anxious to go home, to sleep in my own bed. But, going home is costly, too. Costly not in monetary value, but in other ways. When I am home, it costs me the opportunity to be with family and those friends that I have know for so long. It costs me the opportunity to worship in my heart language. It costs me the "comforts" I have gotten used to...grocery stores, easy access to medical services, fast internet. It costs me family get-togethers for celebrations and grieving. I could go on, but I won't. I pay the cost joyfully.

In exchange, I live among the world's most amazing people! And, the most beautiful children! I have the privilege of learning a language that most people never heard of, and I am exposed to a whole new cuisine. I am given the opportunity to work with and love, the least, last and lost in the Upper West Region of Ghana. I work along side some very gifted people. And, I LOVE it! The cost isn't so much if I take time to count the blessings. 

Thank you, Lord, for this next chapter of my Great Adventure with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment