Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Just in Time


Have you ever read Corrie Ten Boom's book, The Hiding Place? In it there is a story from when she was a young girl. She was concerned that she didn't have the strength to be a martyr for Jesus Christ, if need be. Read the story below:

"When I was a little girl, " I said, "I went to my father and said, "Daddy, I am afraid that I will never be strong enough to be a martyr for Jesus Christ." "Tell me," said Father, "When you take a train trip to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?"  "No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train." "That is right," my father said, "and so it is with God's strength.  Our Father in Heaven knows when you will need the strength to be a martyr for Jesus Christ.  He will supply all you need just in time."

Now, I don't think I am currently in a position to wonder if I will be a martyr for my faith. Although, I pray, if I am, I will be found faithful. But, I was reminded of that story today when I was at the dentist. I have been stressing about the crown for my dental implant. My appointment to have it put in my mouth last week was cancelled because the parts weren't shipped yet. So, it was rescheduled for today. I am to leave for Ghana on Sunday, that didn't leave me much of a cushion, time wise. I went to the dentist today to have the crown put in. Yes, all is well. But, the amazing thing is that the crown and everything else needed to put it on the implant arrived at the dentist office THIS MORNING! 

He will supply all you need just in time.







No comments:

Post a Comment