Monday, February 25, 2013

Tired, Exhausted, Weary


It is Monday, only six days before I board the first of three planes to start my trip home to Lawra. I have about a million things to do, including 2 dentist appointments and two medical appointments. This afternoon, I drove to Chippewa and Ellwood City. I am staying in Ellwood tonight. (Thank you Janice and Pastor John!) I brought work to do, some thank you notes to my supporters that I should write. But, I can hardly see straight. My mind and body are on auto pilot. I can't think straight. This morning, in Erie, I did a few errands and had an early lunch with my sister. I made her tired just talking about my schedule. I'm tired of packing, unpacking, repacking, laundry, packing boxes to be mailed sooner or later, deciding which clothes to leave at whose house and more packing. I can't take much more of this. Maybe tired isn't the right word. Maybe it should be exhausted. Maybe the word is weary. Maybe it is all three. Sleep, rest...I need both!

I'll refresh tired bodies;
I'll restore tired souls.
Jeremiah 31:25, The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment