Sunday, February 24, 2013

Blessed or Spoiled?


These past few weeks, I have had some moments that have shown me how blessed and how spoiled I am, just because I was born and "live" in the USA. The first time this thought came to me was kinda fun. I was shopping with my sister, Debbie. We had gone to not one, but, three craft store on the same day. I gave into my obsession of card making supplies, buying some new stamps. This would never happen in Ghana. The best part, other than being with Debbie, was everything I bought that day was 40% off! Love it. My purchases are returning to Ghana with me. I wonder how many of you will receive a hand made card from me....
 

This next story took place in Saint Vincent Health Center on the short stay/same day floor. Again, I was with Debbie. She was having a heart cath done on this particular day. She checked in and we sat down to wait. When her name was called, we went to the 2nd floor. As we were waiting to hear Debbie's room assignment, I looked around in the hall. And, my eyes got filled up with tears. There were all kinds of medical personnel, a line of IVs ready to be used, wheel chairs waiting...and, when we got into her room, all the monitors and machines. Oh, in Lawra, they can only dream about such equipment. We  are so blessed!


Later in the month, just last week, I was in a Christian book store. There were shelves and shelves of Bibles in KJV, NKJV, NIV, NCV, Amplifies, ASV, The Living Bible, The Message, The One Year Bible, the Chronological Bible, and more...The people group with whom I live don't even have one Bible in their own language. How many Bibles do I own? Several. I am a spoiled American. My prayer is that I will use these Bibles to tell of God's love to many, many people over the years I am in Ghana. I pray they will come to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I pray that they will lead others within their people group to the Lord. I pray that some day, before the Throne of God, there will be a people group with a very large representation singing "Holy, ho;y, holy" to the Lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment