Saturday, March 16, 2013

Exhausted

 
 
Exhausted. That's how I've been feeling. Once I arrived home, I wanted to unpack. But, that wasn't possible, at least for a short time. When I turned on the lights, I heard a sizzle and a crackling noise. So, I shut them off and flipped all the switches off and tried again. The same thing happened. This wasn't good. I called Donatus, the electrician. He said he would come in the morning. I said, "No, you need to come tonight. I just arrived from America. I have to unpack and I need to put meat in the freezer." So, he came. And, he fixed. I put the meat away, and started unpacking. I worked until 1 am. But, since my driver was leaving by 4 am (my alarm was set for 3:30), I didn't see any reason to go to bed. I was afraid I would over-sleep and Anokye wouldn't get on the road in time for his next commitment. Saturday, I went to the Methodist Church to meet the new pastor, the Very Rev. Ernest. He believes he is in Lawra because that is where God wants him. We are blessed to have him. As we were talking, he told me about a meeting in Tamale this week. He said, "We will leave for Wa on Tuesday and for Tamale on Wednesday."
 
What? Didn't I just get home? I want to sleep in my own bed. I want to finish unpacking. I want to get rid of some of the dust. I want to get organized. I want internet that works for more than 15 minutes. (Notice a theme here? I want...) Needless to say, Tuesday, I left for Wa, Wednesday, I left for Tamale, where I am right now. The unpacking will get finished. The cleaning will get done. Rest and renewal will come. Now is time to attend to the business of the Church and to enjoy fellowship with the bishop, clergy and laity of the Diocese. Thank You, Lord, for this opportunity,

No comments:

Post a Comment