Sunday, March 17, 2013

Refreshment

 
Friday, during our LONG meeting, I kept wanting to fall asleep. I could feel myself ready to "nod off." That wouldn't look good - me falling off my chair because I was sleeping! I still haven't had time to deal with jet lag, unpacking and all the other stuff involved with being gone for six months. Now, I had to be the "proper" missionary and behave appropriately. It was so hard to keep my eyes open and my head upright!
 
Then, yesterday, we had a "day off." A whole day with nothing scheduled. So, I called my friends, Bob and Nancy Schaffer, who live in Tamale, and spent the day with them. Bob picked me up at 8 am. At the house, Nancy had baked some wonderful breakfast rolls which we had with coffee. Then, it was off to do a couple of errands. First, airtel to get a new modem for my computer. It is supposed to work well in Lawra. Next, to the craft area to buy a dress. Then, to another shop to buy a dress (oh, did I already do that? I bought another one, anyway.) Returning to the house for the rest of the day was next on the agenda. We had a St. Patrick's Day type lunch with corned beef hash and Africa Cola FLOATS to end the meal. Mmmmmm!
 
I sat on the porch swing and read. I did some computer work. I took a nap. I visited with Bob and Nancy. Then, it was time for PORK CHOPS for dinner. Yum! Afterwards, Bob took me back "home" to the Bishop's house. God had blessed me with an unhurried day of both getting some work done and some relaxing. Thank You, Father, for friends, for fellowship, for food, for refreshment of body and spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment