Friday, January 25, 2013

God is Watching Over Me

 
This past Wednesday, I flew home to Erie from Huntsville, AL. I was scheduled on Delta. Unfortunately, I was rerouted due to my first flight being cancelled for maintenance. So, I flew to Atlanta. And waited. I flew to Cleveland. And waited. I ate supper. And waited. I read. And waited. The last leg of my trip was with United. Because of a delay four flights earlier, the flights using that plane were delayed at each airport. So, we waited. We finally left Cleveland between 11:30 PM and midnight. The flight was OK, not much excitement...until we were closing in on Erie. We were informed that some of the landing gear did not come down properly. The captain was going to fly over Erie and try using alternate ways to bring the landing gear down. So, we flew over Erie for 15 to 20 minutes. A couple of times, the flight attendant would speak with the captain, then check to see if everyone had their seatbelts on. I could hear people praying, and I know I was! Eventually, we landed safely and very grateful passengers were ready to disembark. The captain had a few things to tell us first. The landing gear was not the only problem, although he did not expand on the additional issues. We were flying in emergency mode and he had spoken to Logan airport in Boston, ready to land there, if needed. As I gathered my belongings and exited the plane, I didn't notice the cold weather. I was too busy thanking God for arriving safely. He was watching over me!

No comments:

Post a Comment