Monday, April 9, 2012

Something to Think About



Recently, I have talked with a few people who have been very surprised that I live in Lawra by myself. They have asked me if I am afraid. Actually, living in Lawra is probably safer than living in Accra. My Ghanaian friends readily agree. And, they have all stated the same reason for this safety that I enjoy...they have all said it was because of the Traditional religions in the north. People in the north believe that if they take something that doesn't belong to them, or if they harm someone, that the person who is the victim will call a curse down on the offender. The biggest curse, the one people are truly afraid of is that someone will call on lightening to strike you. So, since there is so much Traditionalists here in Lawra, it is pretty safe. But, I wonder...what does all of this have to say about the Christians? No one had mentioned a place was safe because so many Christ followers live there and they are following in Christ's footsteps. Hmmm...something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment