Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Christmas Box

One of my Ghanaian co-workers surprised me last Friday. They gave me a Christmas gift. It was such a surprise because people in this area don't typically exchange gifts. This is because the majority of the population cannot afford it plus most of the residents in this area are not Christian, so Christmas is not celebrated. But, my friend is a Christian and does celebrate Christmas, but I know that this person cannot afford to buy gifts. That's what makes this little "box" so special. It is a gift not given out of plenty, but given sacrificially.

Sacrificial gifts make me remember the sacrifice that God the Father made. He sent His Son form the glory of heaven to be born in a stable - a barn with all the dirt and smell and filth. It was because of His birth and eventually His death that makes me a child of the King. The story doesn't end there...Jesus rose from the grave, defeating death once for all. Because of that sacrificial gift, we can be victorious...in more ways than one!

No comments:

Post a Comment