Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Akos

Hi! My name is Akos and today is my 18th birthday. I live in Lawra, Ghana at the Methodist Orphan and Vulnerable Children Centre with my 9 year old sister, Napog. Our mother died several years ago and our father died three years after mother died. We came to live here in Lawra. I am in my last year of Junior Secondary School. I enjoy school, especially English and math. I hope to be able to attend Senior Secondary School in the fall of 2012. In Ghana, students have to pass difficult examinations in all their subjects before they can proceed to Senior Secondary School. These schools are boarding schools. I pray that God will provide the necessary school fees so I can further my education. When I attend SSS I would have to leave Napog here in Lawra.

My life is much like the lives of my friends...school, study, cook, do laundry, look after my sister and others at the Centre, go to market, etc. I am very active in my church. I attend weekly Bible study and also I attend prayer meeting at 5 AM three mornings a week. It is my faith that helps me get through each day. God is watching over me and my sister and guiding me.

Even though today is my birthday, there will be no special celebrations, not like what I have heard about in America. Mama Sue and one or two others will make sure that I celebrate in some way. I thank God for watching over me all these years and pray that He continues to provide for our needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment