Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Touch of Home

Last week I received two packages from "home." I received a delivery slip in my post office box. I took it inside to the postal worker who filled out some forms for me to sign. Then, I paid 3 Ghana cedis to pick up my package. Next, I got on my bicycle and took the packages to the district office where customs is located. There I had to open the packages. More writing was done on the forms. I left one form there and took the other one back to the post office and left it with the postal worker. Then, I rode home on my bicycle, one package in my basket, one package in my small backpack.

One box was from a friend in Erie who sent some Tupperware that I could not pack, an extra hose for my CPAP machine, zip lock bags, my shower curtain and kitchen towels. The other was an envelope from a friend who lives in Wexford...Twizzlers, Crystal Lite and chicken soup. Both packages were welcomed with open arms and greatly appreciated!

When I use the towels, the Tupperware and even the edible stuff, I get a smile on my face and remember with loving gratefulness those back in the USA. We may be miles apart physically, but as Michael W. Smith wrote...we are "Friends are friends forever, if the Lord's the Lord of them..." Thank you, friends, for thinking of me and praying for me and watching over me, even from thousands of miles away!

No comments:

Post a Comment