Monday, March 28, 2011

God Knows and God Cares

Last week, I was really feeling the lack of women friends. I prayed that God would fill this void in my life. I know I've only been in Lawra a short time, but, women need women friends! Oh, I know some women here - Gifty, Edith, Marjorie...but most of the people who spend time with are guys...Dery my language teacher and Razak, who works at the clinic.


God heard my prayer. This past weekend the annual Methodist Women's Fellowship Conference for the Wa Circuit was held in Lawra. Although I only spent a relatively short time there because of other committments, God filled a void. Sophia, a pastor's wife from Boro and I were "kindred spirits." Then, there was Matillia, who was walking behind the rest because of her bad knees. I walked and talked with her as I pushed my bicycle. She lives in Lawra near the market. I will visit her this week. And, there were others, all very welcoming. I cried out to God and He answered me. Barka Naangmen!

No comments:

Post a Comment