Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Countdown: 10, 9, 8...

Up to this point in my life, whenever I went someplace, it was a round trip. I was always returning. I'd visit someone, then return home. I'd drive someplace, then return home. I'd go to a conference and return home. I'd go to Russia, Kaz, Peru, Ghana, Turkey, Costa Rica and I always had a return ticket. Now, I am flying to Ghana. But, this time it is different. I have a one way ticket. I am not returning home, I have no "home" to come back to. All my stuff is either sold or packed, I'm sleeping on an air mattress and using a borrowed chair and step stool.

When I fly out, I won't know if I'll ever see my family and friends again. I hope and pray I will, but that part of life is not as certain as if I were to stay in the USA. I may never worship at my home church again. Or go to the library or the local grocery store again. I may nervier see snow again, although right now, I'm ready to leave snow behind. There are a lot of people that I love to whom I will be saying "good bye" to. I know I plan to return in 2 years or so for a visit. But, things just seem a little more uncertain when you follow God's call in the way that I am following.

Am I hesitant? No. Scared? No. A bit apprehensive? Somewhat. But, I am ready to embrace what God has in store for me. Are you seeking Him and embracing what He has in store for you? I can guarantee your life will never be the same if you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment