Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Countdown: 10, 9, 8, 7...

Sunday I worshipped at a church that I refer to as my "second" home church. It was communion Sunday. The pastor spoke about the ordinary wheat and grapes that together make up this holy moment for us as Christians. What he talked about was what happens to the wheat, what happens to the grapes to prepare them for use as the bread and juice used as the communion elements. The wheat is pulled, chaffed, ground, sifts as it is made into flour. he grapes are picked, crushed, separated from the skin, they go through a process as they are made into grape juice. And, even during the communion service, the bread is broken. Christ did the same for us.

As I sat in the congregation and listened, I reflected on my life. The struggles, the heart aches, the abandonment, the rejection. The times when I never thought I would never be able to handle another day. Yet, God took those moments that seemed to crush me, that seemed to put me in despair, that seemed to be victorious in my life and He used them, He redeemed them, using them to glorify His name. That Is why I am moving to Ghana. Not because I am someone special or extraordinary, but because I have been broken and then redeemed. May I live up to the task that He has set before me!

No comments:

Post a Comment