Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Homeward" Bound

It's "official." When I first arrived in Ghana in October 2007, I felt as if I were "home." I had such a peace in my heart even though I did not know what lay ahead. And, now, for what seems like forever, my prayer has been that I would return to Ghana, not just for two months, but for an extended period of time. The time has now come! Praise God!

I will begin my journey to the Upper West Region of Ghana sometime between mid February and mid March, with the preference being mid February. So, I am finally on my way "home." I can't wait to see the faces of the children whom I love. I can't wait to return to my Ghanaian "home town," Ankaase. I can't wait to see my friends, Mary Kay & Charlie and Anne & Cam and Ritchie & Maggie and their families. But, most of all, I can't wait to be Jesus to the children at the Lawra Orphanage and to the Dagaaba people in the Upper West Region.

I know there is a lot to do between now and then...documents needed for my visa, housing concerns, raising some more support, a moving sale, Thanksgiving, Christmas, moving out of my apartment, and even dealing with being homeless for a time. But, I can't remember when I have had such peace, such joy. I imagine there will be bumps in the road, too. But, as it says in Isaiah 58:11 "The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame." Obviously, God is in control. He has scripted this and, it WILL come to fruition.

No comments:

Post a Comment