Thursday, November 4, 2010

Wish List vs. Faith List

I have friend, a colleague, a "coach" who works at The Mission Society office. His name is Ron Beatty and he has been such a blessing and an encouragement to me. He keeps me focused on truth by a simple well placed word spoken here and there.

Several months ago we were talking on the phone about my upcoming move to Ghana. I was talking about a few things that I would like to have to take to Ghana with me. Since he is a "computer geek" and is the tech person for the office, we talked about my computer. He asked if I was planning on buying a new one before I left. I told him no, I didn't have the funds for a new one. Then, I said, "I'll put it on my wish list." He responded, "No, put it on your FAITH list. Believe God will provide for you." Every time the phrase "wish list" comes to mind, I think of that conversation. I do have to admit that in my mind, I dropped the idea of a new computer.

Well, (rhymes with Dell), on Sunday, my adapter chord died. It was the second one in less than three years. I've also replaced the mother board, hard drive & speakers on my present computer in less than three years. As I was talking on the phone with a friend (because I couldn't email - I couldn't recharge my battery) she said, "If someone were to donate money for a new computer, would you use it for that or for something else?" "I'd use it for a computer, if the funds were specified." "We'll donate to The Mission Society, to your account for a new computer for you, so you'll have a good one when you move." WOW! Praise God!

I had forgotten about the conversation with Ron from several months ago. God didn't forget. He knows what I need. And, He showed me what FAITH, not wishing can do. Do I still have a "Wish List?" No way! But, I do have a "Faith List" of stuff that I want to pack. When the time is right, God will provide!

No comments:

Post a Comment