Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I am so Blessed!

Monday, as I was driving home from the Home Group I belong to, my mind began to wander as it often does on an open road. Since my computer was not working, I had checked my email at my friends house before I departed. My messages included one from a church in central Pennsylvania which wants to support my ministry at $100 a month and this was the message to confirm that commitment. I was also asked to speak to the congregation in January.

As I drove, I thought about the lack of "stuff" I'll have. I was thinking about cooking over a fire some of the time, and not having water some of the time, and having very little in belongings with me. And, I was so excited. I was excited because my dream is slowly becoming reality. "I am the luckiest person in the world" was the thought that crossed my mind. Then, I corrected myself, "No, I am the most BLESSED person in the world." The Bible doesn't mention luck, not even the "Luck of the Irish!" All good things come from God.

And, I see living among the Dagaaba people group a good thing coming from God. How else can I see this situation? The Dagaaba people group are an under evangelised people group. Most still believe in traditional or animistic religions. They don't know the love and hope of Jesus Christ. And, many times, when one accepts Christ into their life, the new beliefs are mixed with the old ones.

In Genesis it is written that we are blessed so that we can be a blessing to others. The blessing spoken about is not an American way of life, or a certain monetary income, but the blessing of salvation. And, to share that blessing with others who don't have the opportunities to hear about it as we do in the USA...well, it doesn't get any better than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment