Saturday, March 13, 2010

Shades of Gray




I don't know where you live or what your winter has been like. Here, in western PA, winter has been long and hard. The sun has shone, the temperatures are climbing, the snow is almost gone and the birds are singing. But, everything is still a shade of gray. It is tiresome.


I find that my spirit is in a shade of gray lately. I have traveled a lot in January and part of February. But, the last few weeks I haven't. I've immersed myself in the on line class I'm taking. I am discouraged with the fact that I will not be moving to Ghana this spring. And, I wonder when it will happen. I need to get out of this gray scale in which I am living. My spirit needs revived. I need to see sunshine and feel it's warmth on me. I need to feel healthy and alive. I need to see that God hasn't forgotten about the vision He's given me. And, I need to trust Him to fulfill it.

Sometimes it's hard to get out of a gray world when you are in the same place, day in and day out. Things begin to get routine. That's what friends are for...to help us out! Tomorrow, I am leaving for a small town in North Carolina to visit a good friend. She will help revive my spirits. She will speak of God's love and care. She will remind me to look at where I've been and how far God has brought me, that our God is a Faithful God. She will remind me that my mountains are only mere molehills in God's eyes. She will be an encouragement to me. And, she'll spoil me. I need that sometimes. And, when I return, I know the sun will shine brighter, the road ahead will seem shorter, and my world will once again be colorful.

1 comment:

  1. This road that we are both traveling seems to have many peaks and valleys. I think you hit the nail on the head - perspective is everything. I know that quaint little town in NC and the sweet spirits in that home will be uplifting!

    Always remember who you are and more importantly, whose you are...

    Blessings to you Sue!

    Elliott and Katherine

    ReplyDelete