Thursday, January 14, 2010

Decisions, Decisions


I have a friend who has to make a difficult decision. There is not an easy choice. No matter what is decided this decision will impact this person's life and the lives of many others. It will impact this person for the rest of their life.

How does a person make a decision of such importance? How do you know which way to turn? Each option available is hard to live out. There is no escape.

I can be a support to this person. I can "be there" for this person. I can lift this person before the throne of God, before the throne of "Abba, Daddy."

We are told that life wouldn't be easy. But, God would be with us. Just like in Footprints God is carrying this person, holding them close to His heart.

No matter if life seems to be filled with clouds, as in the picture above, sooner or later, if we look close enough, we will see the finger of God in the situation. Right now, it's hard to see. In the end, may God be glorified!

1 comment:

  1. Sue,
    So glad to find your site. I was googleing my site when I came upon yours through the post "a pencil in the hand of God". That's teh title of my blog! And I got it from Mother Teresa's quote. What a surprise to find you. I just wanted to be encouragement with you for your friend. She/he is so lucky top have you as a friend. God bless you Sue as you minister in God's name, as He would have you do. I wanted to share the following scriptures with you - just as a reminder that prayer is one of the biggest gifts we can give someone - may HIs will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.

    "For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

    There are so many scriptures that could be added -

    like Prov 16:1
    "We can make our own plans,
    but the Lord gives the right answer"

    Proverbs 16:9
    "We can make our plans,
    but the Lord determines our steps."

    Proverbs 20:24
    "The Lord directs our steps,
    so why try to understand everything along the way?"

    Blessings for being a blessing, Sue

    Patrina <")>><

    ReplyDelete