Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blessed to be a Blessing


I am taking an online course called Perspectives on the World Christian Movement. I have to admit, I didn't want to take it because it was just one more thing to do to add to the list of "stuff to do" before I move to Ghana. Between speaking engagements, stressing about driving in the snow and the other classes I recently finished, I have to admit, my heart wasn't in this.

What I didn't expect to happen in the midst of the course work (and there is quite a bit of it) is that I'm loving it. I was totally overwhelmed at first. Now, that the initial shock has worn off, I realized that I'm really liking the readings and the information this course has to offer. It has impacted me already & I'm only on lesson three.

I'm in the first section of the book which looks at the world christian movement from a Christian perspective. It seems that Genesis 12:1-3 is the pivotal point in scripture. This is where God first gives the covenant to Abram (his name change comes later.) God blessed Abram so that he would be a blessing and in Abram all the families of the earth will be blessed.

The blessing that is talked about in this portion of scripture is the blessing of a personal relationship with the One True God. All believers, as spiritual children of Abraham have the responsibility to share their faith in Jesus Christ and to lead others into a personal relationship with Him.

This Scripture gives us the hope of salvation and the responsibility of sharing it. Are you blessed to be a blessing? Are you sharing that blessing? God doesn't send everyone half way across the world to do this. But, He tells us that we are to do it, wherever He leads.

I'm following His lead. Are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment