Saturday, January 9, 2010

Renewed


By the grace of God, when I arrived at my destination today, I felt renewed. The time in the car was a time of prayer, not panic, and a time of praise for all God is...my Savior, my Redeemer, my Giver of Life, my Protector, my Song, my Creator, my Reason for Living, my Vision, my Provider, my Partner, the One who knows my comings and goings, the Calmer of my fears...you get the picture.

As I left home today, I left with a song in my heart and ...what would the driving equivalent be of "a spring in my step"? Roads were wet at worst and dry at best. Yes, I did hit that 50% chance of snow going over the mountains. It was dazzling...it was beautiful. And I wondered, "Lord, what did I do to deserve to see such beauty?" He is so good to me.

And I wonder, "Why do I even question Him?" I do it so often. Yes, I am making progress. I at times forget He holds me in the palm of His hand. And He loves me. And even the little things in my life matter to Him.

I had a great 5 hours in the car with God today. And I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment