Monday, February 9, 2009

Prophecy?

About 12 years ago, a dear friend of mine gave me a Scripture verse that was matted and framed. It was Jer. 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, Plans to give you hope and a future." I clung to that verse for quite a long time.

Yesterday, while working on a project for work, I needed that verse. But, I was being lazy and didn't want to look it up. So, I took the framed verse off the wall and copied it. As I did, something struck me that was totally amazing. The background of that verse is an old world type map. And, the part of the world depicted was Africa! Was God beginning to prepare me for something 12 years later? I have to believe He was in a very quiet consistent way.

I wish my friend were alive so I could share this with her. I had to settle for calling her daughter instead. We were both amazed at God's plan and how it is unfolding.

No comments:

Post a Comment