Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Grantwriting Class


I am taking an on line grantwriting class. It is my hope that I will be able to use what I learn to find some funding for the orphanage that I will be working with in Ghana. As I read and study, the more I realize what I don't know. The Ghanaian culture is so different than ours. I doubt if this little orphanage has a mission statement or a list of goals and objectives. They only have 3 paid workers who spend their time taking care of the kids. Right now, their goal is to make sure there is food and clothing and clean water.I return to this orphanage in a month. I'll try to find out the information I need. I'll talk with people, ask lots of questions and see where it leads. Maybe there will be an opportunity to fine tune some of these items that would be needed if I ever write a grant. Money for food, clothing, electricity and worker's salaries is so desperately needed. Before they are taught to "fish for themselves" they need the basics of life. I pray that I may be used to help make this happen.

1 comment:

  1. i would love to know more about this class if you would be willing to share.

    ReplyDelete