Sunday, May 21, 2023

Morning Routine

 


I have a morning routine that I like to follow. Or, at least I like to think I do. I prefer to wake up by 6:00 each morning. Lately, that hasn’t been the case. I put on the coffee and and make my bed. When the coffee is ready, I’ll grab a cup, sit in my chair ( if it’s nice outside I will sweep the deck and sit out there) and ideally I will open my Bible to start my morning time with God. In my mind, that should be the first part of my day. Unfortunately, I have been lax about that. Somehow I managed to get out of the habit and I have reached for my iPad instead. I will go to my coloring app to start the pictures that I want to color sometime during the day. Then, I will pick up my Bible. My priorities have gotten messed up. I’m thinking it happened when I had COVID. That was months ago. I should be back on track by now. So, I am going to intentionally change my routine and get back to the Bible first thing in the morning…tomorrow. That’s because I already messed up today. I want to read Scripture, study, and talk with God when I first get up. It sets the tone for the day. Then, I need to do some type of exercise. My life involves too much sitting. I need to move around more for both my physical and my mental well being. This ideal morning routine of mine really works, when I let it. Most days the timing is flexible…I can start whenever I wake up. But, if I sleep in on a I work, that messes things up. I don’t get done what I want to do before I leave the house. I do set an alarm but some days it’s so hard to get out of bed. So, with God’s help and my determination, my routine will improve in the weeks to come. Stay tuned. I’ll let you know how it’s going. 

No comments:

Post a Comment