Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Noise


Last week, as I was driving, I was really enjoying the music on the radio...until I drove out of range. Then, it wasn't so pleasant. It was static. Nothing was being clearly transmitted. So, I tried another staion...and another...and another...I finally shut off the radio. And, I began to pray. "Lord, when did it happen...that I need to have background noise? I seem to always have on music or a video or maybe even a pod cast. Why can't I be satisfied with silence? What am I running from? What am I afraid of? I used to love quiet drives...taking inthe scenery, talking with You. When I go to bed, I have to fall asleep with a movie or music on. Even my "quiet time" with You isn't quiet. I have praise music on, which isn't bad in and of itself. But, I wonder, where is that focused time with You, when I can hear Your voice? Am I fearful of what You would say to me? What is more scary than moving to Ghana all by myself? Yet, I'm not alone. And, it wasn't scary. Why? Because I heard Your voice telling me to "GO!" So, what happened? Is it just a simple matter of a bad habit? Or is it something deeper? Lord, show me what needs to change in me as I turn off the volume and keep my time with You, time with You. I want to see Your face and hear Your voice. Teach me, Lord!"

1 comment:

  1. Love, Dave and Lota JonesSeptember 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM

    When you always have a song in your heart it can't help but flow in other ways, Sue!! God is in the music and static and all things that surround you! Embrace it as God and our prayers embrace you!

    ReplyDelete