Saturday, September 3, 2016

44 Days


44 days! Yes, 44 days. I have been back in the US for 44 days. It's been a time of laughter and a time of tears. It's been a time of joy and sorrow. It's been a time of relaxation and work. It's been a time of travel and of staying put. Yes, life here in the US is full of paradoxes. It's nice to be here, but I wonder what is going on at home. I feel torn at times. I'm enjoying being with family, reconnecting with friends and loving the hot and cold running water. Yet, I wonder, "How is Uncle Christopher's funeral going? How is Razak and the family doing in the midst of their grief? How is Boniface and Pius? Are they getting ready to go back to school? How is the church doing? Will Matthias be able to take the Local Preacher's Test?" and a lot more!

Still, while I am here, I am able to share their stories, the stories that are being written by their lives. I can share with others how God is working in the villages of Kalsagri and Kunyukuo. So far, I have told their stories more than 15 times in formal, scheduled settings and numerous times in a relaxed informal setting.

I have also taken time to visit family, enjoy the company of friends and, to see dentists and doctors, too. This morning I will travel to see some dear friends and their family. There will be food, fellowship and sharing what God has been doing in our lives and in the lives of those we love both near and far. Tomorrow, I will be sharing at another church. I love to tell the story. I am amazed at what God has done and continues to do. And, I wonder what He will do in the next 68 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment