Saturday, September 10, 2016

Two More Months


I landed in the US 51 days ago. I leave the US in 61 days - two months from now. Two, long months. I'm so tired. I want to go home. I want some normalcy back in my life. Even with scheduling down time, I'm tired. Every time I get in a car, my body says to me, "Not again!" Maybe it is borrowing a car every time I need to visit another city/town or even to go to a doctor's appointment. Maybe it is the hills and mountains that I have been traveling. Maybe it is because nothing is ever easy. Maybe it is the fact that I have people who love me and allow me to stay at their house, yet I'm not at "home". a Maybe it is the harsh reality of Home Assignment - reconnecting with partnering churches and hopefully connecting with new ones. I look at my schedule and I get tired. Oh, I love going to the churches and homes of people to share what God has been doing. And, I'd rather be busy instead of sitting around. But, in my mind, if I had a true "home base" where I didn't have to live out of suitcases and ask for a car every time I wanted or needed to travel someplace, it would be easier. If I have an internet connection all the time, that would simplify things, too. Part of it is that I'm not getting the exercise here that I do in Ghana. And, I stay up later at night. And, I have to keep track of where I am supposed to be going and when. I almost forgot about a church visit that I have at the end of the month! That's not good.

Add to that the stress of trying to raise funding for my next term in Ghana. Sometimes I don't worry about the income enough, sometimes, not enough. Giving has gone down. Life situations have changed for people Will my visits and speaking to others make a difference in my monthly support? B I also want others to know there is a need. But, I also try to leave that part up to God. 

In the midst of all of this, I guess I am asking that you would pray for me, my ministry and that needs would be met. Maybe you are part of the solution!


1 comment:

  1. Please have courage.Let us all pray to God for his help........" God moves in a mysterious way, his wonders to perform...."

    ReplyDelete