Sunday, May 22, 2016

A New Adventure, Day 5


Today was a slower paced day, but a day filled with adventure. After breakfast that included homemade orange marmalade, we went into Highworth to see the sights: the Christian bookstore, which I loved; the farmers market , which had cauliflower and peaches! I remember those things. We went to The Bridge, an outreach of Highworth Community Church, for a cup of coffee/tea. We visited St. Michael's Church, too. What a beautiful place! Then, we were off to Bath to see the Roman Baths. When we arrived in Bath, we decided to have lunch since it was about that time. We had an exquisite lunch of a vendor hot dog, which I would say tasted more like an American sausage. Mmmm....good! I guess I've lived in Lawra too long because that hot dog tasted ALMOST good as the steak the other night.


The Roman Baths were amazing! Hundreds and hundreds of years old! It was rather interesting to learn the history of the baths and the systems and techniques that were used to bathe in this natural hot mineral water. On this cloudy/rainy day, it was nice to feel the heat from the water - to see the steam come off of it. Afterwards, I experienced cream tea. I am now a believer! I hope to have the experience again before I leave England.


Next, it was time to hustle back to Ramsbury for the Action Through Enterprise - ATE film premiere. When I arrived at the Community Centre, the place was filled. And, the screen on which the film was to be shown was very large. People were milling around, talking, until THE time arrived. Everyone got quiet. Introductions were made. The film was shown. It was very well received. I am sure ATE will greatly benefit from this film.


After a time of networking, many of us went to the local pub to celebrate. I had my long awaited fish and chips! Delicious! Once I finished eating, I was ready for bed. I said my "Good Nights" to all and walked home. 

It had been a fantastic day and I was ready to relax. My thoughts on today? "Thank You, Jesus! Thank You, Lord!"



No comments:

Post a Comment