Saturday, February 6, 2016

Is Ignorance Bliss?


I have been traveling internationally on a regular basis for twenty years now. I have never had any problems, and I thank God for that. Sometimes, I have traveled with a group, or at least another person. Sometimes, I have traveled alone. And, When I have traveled alone, God has always placed someone in my life to watch over me, making sure I found the correct line, the correct gate, etc.

Then, 9/11 happened. Was I afraid to travel then? No. I sincerely believed that the safest place for me was in the center of God's will. And, I thought what I was doing was there - in God's will.He would protect me or give me the strength and courage to endure whatever came my way. 

Now, tonight happened. I was having conversation with Ghanaian and British friends. During the course of our discussion, I found out that one of the terrorists who was involved in the attack on Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso was arrested in Tumu, in the Upper West Region of Ghana. Oh! Now things are getting close to home. 

Am I concerned? Yes. Am I worried? No. I still believe that the safest place to be is in the center of God's will. I will continue to "live smart" and watch what I do and how I act. But, the bottom line is, I have put my life in God's hands. Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment