Sunday, August 23, 2015

Making New Memories


Today would have been my 40th wedding anniversary. Life happened and it is not my 40th wedding anniversary. I get thinking each year when it rolls around. What would life be like today if I were still married? All the wondering and speculation. The reality is my life is VERY different than what I imagines 40 years ago. That doesn't stop me from wondering...

So, this morning during my quiet time, I decided today's theme would be, "Making New Memories." I try to do something nice for myself around this time of year. Well, due to the illness of my friends, I cancelled my plans for this weekend. I had a "stay-cation" instead. I pulled out my card making things yesterday and started working in Craft Central, Lawra Campus. It is still open for business.

When a friend of mine, Leela, heard it was my ex-anniversary today, she decided on the spot that we would go for a brunch picnic this morning. She rode her bicycle to my house, I put the last odds and ends in my backpack and away we went to picnic at the Lawra stadium.


There isn't much to the stadium except a wall and grass. Oh, and grazing animals and stuff that animals leave behind...if you know what I mean. We carefully looked at the ground and found a spot on which to place our cloths. As we unpacked our bags, we created quite a stir. What were these two white women doing? The sun is strong and they are sitting in it! Elvis and his friend kept a watch on us, hoping to reap the left over food. We had a lot of entertainment...sheep grazing, a man urinating, a farmer weeding, one of the boys mooning us, and then, they serenaded us. Oh, and I must not forget the women who stopped by to tell us we shouldn't sit there because people sh__ there. Such fun! 


As we packed up, we shared our left overs with the boys and let them take a spin on our bicycles. As we were leaving, Elvis told us, "Good bye and good luck!" What a lovely morning! New memories that make me smile were definitely made today! Isn't it just like God to take a day that could be filled with regrets and turn it into something beautiful. Thank You, Jesus! (And Leela!)

No comments:

Post a Comment