Saturday, August 22, 2015

Learning to Trust in You

Sunday, August 16, 2015, was Baptism and Confirmation Sunday at Kalsagri Church. Here are the simple testimonies of five people who have chosen to trust Jesus.
IMG_6526
I am called Dome Tuole Emmanuel. I thank God for calling me to give testimony. I think this worshipping God is very good. I was in the darkness. And when I was in the darkness, I was experiencing a lot. And I heard there was worship here and so I also ran to come and join. When I joined this church, those things that used to worry me, I don’t experience them again. That’s why I want to continue to worship God, so that God will protect my life. So I thank God so much.
IMG_6530
I am called Sabina. I thank God so much, that He has brought me so far to this place. Yes, I’m so excited that I have come to join this church. It got to a time, I was very worried. And I never knew of any witchcraft and people attributed witchcraft to me. And God directed me to come here and join the church. I’m coming here, not even up to a year, but I have seen the transformation in my life. If I hadn’t run to God, Christ, by now I would have been dead and gone. I thank God for delivering me and raising me up to know Christ. I am very excited and I pray that God would continue to protect my life.
IMG_6538
I am Donicia. I saw my colleagues were running to join Christ and then I also decided and came. I used to have bad dreams. Things that have been happening in my life. Ever since I came here, I have never experienced that again. So, I am very happy. I want to be baptized, and those things will run away and leave me, with my whole heart.
IMG_6535
I am called Kuuzina Madina. I was also a widow. I was sitting in the house, all the time becoming so worried for my life. I didn’t have any way out to forget about it. Every day I think and think. I was wearing down. I started asking and I heard one day there was church service here. Let me run to the place to join my colleagues and then they will also shout. And when they shouted, I also had a sound sleep. I came to the church and they were praying, praying for me. When I went home, I could sleep. Then I saw I was getting myself happy. There was nothing worrying me. I have come to be washed away from my sin and to be baptized.
IMG_6543
This church that was brought up again…my small girl. I can remember that when I was born some people told me I even died and some people prayed for me and gave me the name Nnienebe Ama. I also grew up, got married and gave birth to children. Five girls, three died. One lady is still around. This small girl, anytime they are coming to church, she will cry that she will also come to church.The small girl came back and told me, “Mama, let’s go and worship God.” Then, I also came out. Then the small girl said, “Mama, have you seen that prayers is good and worship is good? And let’s pray.” And she started. Nothing is worrying her. And up to date we are saying she should be baptized. I even wanted the child to be baptized, but I think she is too small. I would have been happy if the child would have joined me to be baptized. I want to be baptized with my whole heart. And I will continue to worship with the child here. I thank God for my life. (The child was also baptized the same day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment