Thursday, August 20, 2015

A Blessing and...not so Much


This past Sunday was a day of celebration at Kalsagri Methodist Church. There were 37 baptisms and 30 confirmations, plus communion! It has been a blessing to be part of the preparations for this day. I was given the opportunity to teach half of the classes to these people who have decided to follow Jesus and to join the church. During the class time, I was able to get to know some of the people and to learn more names than I already knew. I was blessed to hear their testimonies. These are people who cannot read, who cannot write. One person is lame, another blind. Many do not even know their birth date. Yet, they love the Lord. They have seen what changes God has made in their lives. It is humbling to be a part of their faith journey.

Yet, there is a down side, too. But, not with those who have been baptized and confirmed. It is with the business side of it. The man-made rules and expectations. One man did not come to church because he could not afford to pay for the two certificates, a cost of just over $1. (Unknown to him, they were already paid.)  I try my best not to be a part of them. There are times, though, when I cannot escape them. That is the part I don't like.

Being part of this blessing...amazing. To have this opportunity...priceless. I choose to focus on the great things the Lord has done and to celebrate with those who have seen the power of God is truly stronger than the power of darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment